October 15, 2004

Premature Aging

Recently, while I have been riding around on my bicycle, it occured to me that I just did not seem to have the puff and strength that I once had. Going up hills seemed brutal and painful, and the knees responded in kind. I became depressed that perhaps I had now seen better days, and that I would never again be the marvel of modern science, I once was. With each spin of the pedals, I felt the very essence of life pouring out of me. The reality was all too apparent: I had become a 32 year old elderly man!

Then, it occured to me that may be my bicycle required some maintenance. I looked down at my tyres and discovered them to be almost flat. Each cycle of those flabby rubber rings, was like riding with square wheels. I then took a look at the chain, which I discovered was rusty and dry. With a little air from a pump, and a good spray of oil, I now feel like a new man. Perhaps, there are still a few more active years in these 'old' bones!

1 comment:

Stan said...

Wait till you get to my age, as soon as you hit 50 you will look down at the tires on your bike and they will be full.

 
Travel Guide - Travellerspoint