September 26, 2006

The Name's Claus... Santa Claus

When I was visiting southern India, during Christmas of 2004, I was a witness to an event that has become the stuff of legends, and changed my life completely.

Cruising along the backwaters of Kerala, my attention was drawn to a flash of red and white on one of the many boats that journey up and down the river. Quickly, I grabbed my camera and caught shots that the News Of The World labelled, "SENSATIONAL"!

For many children, Santa Claus is the deliverer of gifts. For me, however, his other job is far shadier. He is, in fact, an international man of mystery.

For several years now, I have been tracking down this elusive man of myth, and discovered that not only is he a gift giver, but also a real life James Bond. My research has led me to believe that he works for the Lapland spy agency, I.M.P.S. (International Mission for the Protection of Secrets).

One can only imagine what top secret missions he is on as we speak. A CIA friend of mine, informed me that Father Christmas had infiltrated al Qaeda, and was providing a lot of valuable information.

With great pleasure, I present images of The Jovial Prince of Secrets at work whilst undercover:

Kerala Backwaters
Photography by El-Branden Brazil

2 comments:

samsarajade said...

I KNEW it! I mean, NORAD only tracks santa online for one day per year, so he must be getting up to something even more top secret the rest of the year! :D

Alexander said...

LOL Hilarious. It's the speedboat that does it. And what is it with the guy wearing the tall chef hat? (maybe the transmitter is kept within it?). Another possibility. Perhaps it was Osama Bin Laden in disguise? In reality, as Christianity is very common in Kerala I guess that explains it. But Santa Claus? India never ceases to amaze. Never predictable!

 
Travel Guide - Travellerspoint