July 20, 2006

The Mystic Traveller Is On The Road Again

Finally, my childhood dream to visit Egypt will be fulfilled tomorrow. I will be flying out of Japan at 5 o'clock, via Korea.

There is a certain irony that my journey is taking me to two regions of the world both dealing with major crises: North Korea continues to be an agitator to East Asia, with its recent test launch of a Taepondong missile, among others; while the Middle East is rapidly becoming embroiled in a massive tragedy that has the potential to explode further. Of course, I have been watching the news incessantly to make sure that I will remain out of harms way.

Just before 9/11, I had reserved a ticket to visit Egypt. When the attack on New York happened, my plans were prudently changed. Instead, I headed to the delights of Bolivia and Peru. This time, however, I am determined to visit the Land of the Pharaohs, regardless of events. I am certain that I will be fine.

For updates on my journey, please do visit this site. I am sure that I will have many traveller's tales to share.

2 comments:

jamie_26 said...

Good luck for your journey.
I wait for your wonderful but real posts.

And return home safe and sound!

Unknown said...

See you next week. Let's go to Amon! I'll need it!

 
Travel Guide - Travellerspoint