June 01, 2006

Egypt Summons

This summer, I will be fulfilling a lifelong dream to visit Egypt. For as long as I can remember, I have always been fascinated in the ancient civilisation that existed there for millennia.

I will spend three and a half weeks travelling throughout the country. Apart from visiting the obvious sites, I also plan to trek up Mount Sinai - the alleged site where Moses received the Ten Commandments. It should be a splendid and fascinating adventure.

Of course, my reliable camera will be at my side, so you can all expect to see lots of photography on this site. I am also certain that I will have many an interesting tale to tell.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mystical Traweller,

It's me again. U don't forget to invite me. I will buy my ticket for it tonight. When are you going to go there?

I can see it now, the Littel Mystic Traweller, hand in hand with The Mystic Traweller, and can hang with you in the desserts of Egypto and dusty streets of Nairobi. Will it be hot? Should I bring a hat and sun tanning lotion?

Anyway, text me the data...see ya.
Yeahaw!

Yoshi
The Little Mystic Traweller

Unknown said...

Ah, dear Yoshi! A wee bit eccentric, aren't you?

Sorry fellow, but this will be a one man show!

oldladybird's garden said...

Hi B,
Sounds like a grand adventure!
Have a wonderful time!
B

Unknown said...

Hey, Brenda!

Yeah, it should be a lot of fun. I was chatting with Gina just the other day.

Love,

Branden

Anonymous said...

Don't miss areas like Farafra in the Western Desert (and the white desert nearby), Bahariya, and the Great Sand sea. Sleeping out in the open desert in such areas, will show you more stars than you will have ever seen.

Unknown said...

Sound like a definite plan of action Nonny Mouse. I will never forget the cosmic spectacle of the night sky, when I was sleeping out in India's Thar Desert for the Millennium.

Thank you for the comment.

jamie_26 said...

Congrats for one of your dreams come true.
I'm sure you enjoy this journey and make great reports for us.

Tomoko

 
Travel Guide - Travellerspoint