October 15, 2005

Photography By The Mystic Traveller

Over the years, I have received a lot of praise for my travel photography. Many shots have appeared on this website. However, please visit El-Branden Brazil's Cyber Exhibition for a collection of my favourite material.

What I have realised, is that it is time to move over to digital. I am very tired of paying extortionate prices to have film developed; and often not to my liking. I do think that digital photography takes away the reliance of the photographer's eye to get the perfect shot. In many ways, going digital can make a photographer lazy. That said, the art of photography also lies in the selection process. A bad shot will always be a bad shot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

About bloody time!

Does this mean you might be finally getting rid of your 8-track and upgrading to cassettes?

;)

Unknown said...

Yes, indeed, squire! But first I must raise the money for purchasing a gramophone!

Kim Ayres said...

It is not the tools, but the skill of the user that determines superior quality. Digital photography allows more people to take better photographs, which is no bad thing, but a good photographer will always shine through with their understanding of subject, light and composition.

I have always found your photography nothing short of stunning and will be to linking your photography site from my blog.

Thanks also for taking the time to comment on my site.

Cheers,

Kim

p.s. I'm serious about wanting you to come and visit us in Scotland when you can.

Unknown said...

Dear Kim,

Thank you for the kind words. I would love to come to Scotlandand see you and your family. At the moment things are moving quite fast, and I may be back abroad before Christmas.

Love your site, and I will comment more frequently.

All the best to you, mate.

Anonymous said...

Hey, my photography master!

It's little late, but welcome back to Mystic Traveller.
Can't wait your new posts with wonderful pictures!

I told you this milloins of times but, wish I were a good photographer, like you.

Unknown said...

Lovely to hear from you Tomoko! I hope that you are well.

 
Travel Guide - Travellerspoint